Today I want to talk about one of my favourite city in world: Paris!
I now live in Milan and I’m pretty happy here. Milan has changed a lot in the past years and is becoming every day a more cosmopolitan city (without losing the Italian charm) and, if you are a design addicted like me, Milan is the place to be.
But Paris is still in my heart: I’ve lived there for two years and still think Paris is the most beautiful city in the world. I miss it, I miss walking around the Marais or Le Quartier Latin, I miss La Seine and the beautiful Pont des Arts, the little bistros and les terraces…but above all I miss our apartment in the 11 arrondissement.
Our Parisian apartment had all the elements of a typical haussmannian apartment and it was so charming: old wooden floor, molding and ceiling decoration, a little fireplace, big windows with view on the Parisian roofs and a lot of light.
It also had a blue entry door and this old bistro just next door. To me, it was simply perfect!
Oh, maybe I should mention it was super tiny (just 30 mq), on the 5th floor (no elevator) and the rent was really expensive….well, I guess nothing in life is perfect!
So, if you love Paris and want to recreate a Parisian inspired interior at your home, make sure you follow these tips:
– TOTAL WHITE: There is only one color you can use on the wall: white. Parisian apartments are almost always painted in white; white is elegant, chic but above all it allow to make the most of the light in those grey Parisian days.
– MOULURES: for a very Parisian look, think of adding some white moldings and ceiling decorations, it will give your house that vintage-chic French look.
1 – 2
– WOOD FLOOR: choose an old wood floor for a more easy look or a “Chevron” wood flooring (also called French Herringbone) for a more haussmannian look.
– VERSAILLES VIBES: yes, for a real Parisian apartment, you need to add a touch of glow and gold. Don’t be afraid, it is not too much!
– MIX AND MATCH: regarding decoration, mix and match is definitely the way to go to recreate that little “Je ne sais pas quoi”, that typical French allure that we love: mix a design table with some old bistro chairs, add a carpet or two, mix some classic elements with some funny objects…
– VINTAGE TOUCH: don’t forget to add some vintage pieces, Parisian love their “brocantes” and Parisian marchés aux puces are the most famous in the world.
Well, for this view I only have one solution…move to Paris!